Saturday, January 21, 2012

Sunny Day Walk and Pretend


I am loving so many things about 3.5 year olds [um there is lot's about this stage that also makes me want to tear my hair out...] But one of my all time favorite things is pretend play. I remember last December when C was 2.5 was the first time that we played outside for a long time making up a crazy story about different 'lands' and what to do in each one. And in the last year he has enjoyed this more and more and added to the story lines and play. The other day was unusually sunny so we went on a walk with Grady at the park across the street and ended up having a fun 'pretend worlds adventure'


All the big statues out for Chinese New Year this weekend. 


There is C sitting in that crack eating his snack - enjoying the view :)


Love this park


Caed and Grady playing hide and seek. It was about at this point that we started the story visiting different lands, like bubble land, rabbit land, water fall land, candy palace etc. We had to get different keys to get into new lands and had to put on special shoes, helmets or clothes to go through some lands. 


Later we found these JieJies and had a fun time swinging in this sign, then it was off to mushroom land :)

I am thankful for sun, imaginations, little boys, health, giggles and smiles. 

1 comment:

Heather said...

At first I thought that Caed sitting in a crack was a typo but then I remembered you are in China!! =) Miss you guys!