Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Baby It's Cold Outside (so we are just staying in)

Yesterday was the end of a long "staying indoors" spell for us. I hate to actually write down how many days we were in this apartment before we finally left yesterday afternoon {as I do usually try to get Caed outside at least once a day} but lets just say it was a record for us. Since it was Chinese New Year and the stores were crazy, and it's cold we have just been hanging out here - and it has been enjoyable :)


This activity is in the book "Slow and Steady Get Me Ready" - which I highly recommend It is weekly activities for kids birth to 5 years. I in half a bunch of magazine pictures then we went on a treasure hunt to match them


hard at work


yesterday I made 'water land' for Caed - there was a while story that went along with it. He loved walking to the 'big pool' through all the little ones. 


I enjoy out 'wet' bathroom very much. One of those mops in the background says "forever vivid" on it. Every time I look at it I chuckle 


After water land we went on into 'pillow land'. There was lots of jumping, flipping and swinging in this land


Blankie break. We joke with C that he needs to 'reenergize' so he takes a few sucks of his thumb with his blankie. I tried to make blankie an only sleeping thing after Thanksgiving, and because of my lax-nes it hasn't totally worked. (Though we did successfully remove blankie form school completely)


Then we decided to play 'prince{es} and the pea' - we stacked all the pillows one his bed. I ought to have found a real pea to put under - next time. 


We asked him if he wanted to nap on that pillow bed, he said yes, and then ended up like this - that is his head sleeping under the pillow in the left bottom corner. 


And you would think with all that Mom fun he had in the am he would be excited to go out and play after nap but instead when Sean got him ready and we were all near the door C said, "Mommy you're not coming this is just a Daddy date." And then proceeded to complain that it was in fact a family date. I told Sean that I need a girl and he said, "She would probably just want Daddy dates too." [true]

here is that man in our town who makes cotton candy with his bicycle contraption - a favorite treat of mine, plus it is just so cool, a mobile, pedaling cotton candy maker!


Happy 2012 - Year of the Dragon


Pretend fires all over our city - bizarre


And what would CNY be without endless supplies of fireworks?!


weeeeeeeeeeeeee

No comments: