We have been back 'home' for three months now. Now we have become more used to the ins and out of everyday life in this culture, but for a couple of months there were many things that were shocking to see... carpet, paved roads, uncrowded streets/stores/sidewalks/parks, clean bathrooms... and the list goes on. Here are a few of my favorites.
artichokes!!!
jet lag
more jet lag
backyards
parks (with no people at that!)
beets at the dollar store... I don't want to tell you how much I paid for a can of beets in China!
huge portions of everything
ice cream truck
toilets that aren't caulked to the ground
so many choices of sponges
I went to one store and found exactly what I needed right away! I searched for weeks for long screws in China, went to every hardware store in town.
wide open spaces (with no people)
huge cheese that i didn't have to shred myself in a food processor
prepackaged, already skinned chicken thighs
pre separated ground beef
yummy fruits and veggies from right across the street
really cheap stuff at thrift stores
the LIBRARY!!!!!!
too many cereal choices
huge gallons of milk and ranch
new curly hoses
this stuff....oh my
how much I use my tiny counter oven (maybe b/c I am just used to it?)
how much the big oven intimidates me
Caed said these porta potties were the "coolest kind of bathroom"
portable hand washing stations!
pumping my own ga
bargain bins of everything
empty supermarkets, can we say ghost town?
drive up ATM's (or banking in general in your own language - how fun is that!)
seeing the kids in this handy mirror (and driving for that matter) oh and no picture but a car whose doors open when you PUSH A BUTTON!!! Life will never be the same...
drive thru food - and in n out
real shaped pumpkins
cat clothes (okay maybe that one is just me but it seems like i see cats on tons of clothing here)


















No comments:
Post a Comment