Today my heart just plain hurts. I go through days that are easy and days that are hard. I will say that I feel like I am doing a lot better than when out FET failed last June.
Friends have all been such an encouragement. Unfortunately I still haven't had the time/motivation to sit down and write people back individually and thank them...but I will try to soon.
One friend wrote the following words that have encouraged me so much over this last week. I tend to feel so bad for Caed not having a sibling 'close' in age to him (or maybe never having one at all).
She said,
"My heart broke for my son who did not have a sibling but longed for one, just as you have said about Caed. That feeling to want your child to have a playmate and sibling becomes even stronger than the desire just for a child for yourself. It hurts I know.... I remember too as I was grieving this loss for {her child} God saying "Do you trust me with him? I love him more than you do." It's hard to imagine that someone could love our child more than us but it's true."
God loves Caedmon more than I do. It is hard for me to fathom. Do I trust God with Caed's life too? I want to. I want to know that even if we never have more kids that Caed will be just fine. God has a perfect plan for him just like he does for us.
So many other people have also written words that have been a great influence on me in this time, but I wanted to share what has been on my heart this week.
My mind has constantly been drawn back to the prayer we asked all of you to pray for us from Ephesians 3. I do feel at times that we are getting by on the prayers of others.
"I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God."
I was listening to these two songs today and was lifted up by their words:
Praise You in This Storm - Casting Crowns
I was sure by now, God, that You would have reached down
and wiped our tears away,
stepped in and saved the day.
But once again, I say amen
and it's still raining
as the thunder rolls
I barely hear You whisper through the rain,
"I'm with you"
and as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise
the God who gives and takes away.
Chorus:
And I'll praise you in this storm
and I will lift my hands
for You are who You are
no matter where I am
and every tear I've cried
You hold in your hand
You never left my side
and though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm
AND
If you want me to - Ginny Owens
The pathway is broken
And The signs are unclear
And I don't know the reason why You brought me here
But just because You love me the way that You do
I'm gonna walk through the valley
If You want me to
Chorus:
Cause I'm not who I was
When I took my first step
And I'm clinging to the promise You're not through with me yet
so if all of these trials bring me closer to you
Then I will walk through the fire
If You want me to
It may not be the way I would have chosen
When you lead me through a world that's not my home
But You never said it would be easy
You only said I'd never go alone
Wow super long - wordy post! If you made it to the end congratulations and thank you :)
2 comments:
I remember a time when I desperately wanted God to do something. I looked at Him, Nothing is impossible with Him, that meant He could do it but He was choosing not to. It felt almost like a bully at the play ground. I cried and in anger called Him spiteful. It is as if I could feel His sorrow wash over me. He knelt down beside me, sobbing on my bed and said, "Tami, I love you, I would never do anything just out of spite. I sent my son to die for you. If I am withholding something you so desperately want it is ONLY because I have something much better in mind and to give you this would not be in your best interest." "I know the plans I have for you and they are good plans, plans to prosper you and never to harm you, never out of spite and never just to be mean." I was so grieved by my thoughts but so touched by His truth. If there was no purpose in the pain it would mean that God was abusive. And God is loving and gentle and has perfect and loving plans for us!
I love knowing that if He were to layout everything for you to see from now till the end of time you would fall and you face and worship Him and best of all ... you wouldn't change a single thing. AMAZING!
God is so good... I love Ps 119 .... It was good for me to be afflicted so that I might learn your decrees... in faithfulness you have afflicted me.... you are good and what you do is good, teach me your decrees.
2 Cor 5: 20 We are therefore Christ’s ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ’s behalf: Be reconciled to God.
It is truly through times of pain that God's peace shine the brightest.
It will be worth it all when we see Jesus, life's trials will seem so small when we seem Him, one glimpse of His dear face all sorrows will erase. So bravely run the race till you see Christ!
Praying for you.
Tami (Kathleen Bowcock's mom)
Psalm 94:18 When I said, “My foot is slipping,” your unfailing love, LORD, supported me. 19 When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought me joy.
"Even to your old age and gray hairs
I am he, I am he who will sustain you.
I have made you and I will carry you;
I will sustain you and I will rescue you."
-Isaiah 46:4
My heart aches for you pain but rejoices that God has a good purpose and that we can trust in Him. Otherwise we would be the most to be pitied.
1 Corinthians 15:19 If only for this life we have hope in Christ, we are of all people most to be pitied. (Thankfully we know there is more to it then just this life.)
Tami
Post a Comment