Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Good Bye Baby

The last few days I went through all of Caedmon's toys and clothes. they were things I had been holding onto in hopes of being able to use them later this year or early next. A big step for me. But we were just storing so much stuff in 'hope'. 
So I packed it all up, gave it all away. All the baby toys, all the 12-24 month clothes. I only kept a few sentimental things. I figured that IF we ever do have another child it wont be for a while yet. Plus most of the stuff I got rid of is 8-24 month stuff. So that means it is stuff I would be storing for the next 2-3 years at the least. So goodbye to it all. It felt kinda good (I do like de-cluttering), but also really sad. If our FET last June had worked we would be headed to Thailand next week to wait for the birth. I need to move on. I am trying to move on. One day at a time. One task at a time. Today (getting rid of all the clothes) was a big one. I am proud of myself. 


two bags of clothes - bye bye

And my baby is a BIG boy now. He has been doing great with potty training. Though he did wet his pants today. Afterwards in the bathroom he said, "Mommy are you sad I peed in my pants?" I asked him why he did it and he said, "I was mad about something so I just wanted to."

I told Caed this morning that his teachers are going to speak Chinese at preschool when he is 3. He said, "No I think they will talk in Thai", I said no then he said, "They will speak in Spanish then"...I think he is in denial about what country he lives in :)

And lastly - and all around the BEST part of my day...
Sean's teacher's daughter is staying with us for a few days and at the breakfast table  Caed asked, "Does JieJie (big sister) have a vagina?" She thankfully does not speak English so didn't understand him. I replied, "yes, but let's not talk about that stuff". Then he went on about other topics (non-potty related). 

Yes our little boy is getting so BIG.

1 comment:

Melinda Lillis said...

Still thinking of you sweet friend...