As Chinese New Year quickly approaches you can start to see sausages hanging all over the markets. You can also see people stuffing them. I have been making my own sausage meat for a while now, but just leaving it in patties. Another person here had the idea to take the homemade sausage meat into the market and ask them to stuff it into those casing thingys. So I gave it a shot and seriously it was so gross looking. Seeing the meat push through that machine into those intestines...
Anyway it smells great, and I am thinking that it will taste that way too :)
See the sausage hanging from my 'laundry shelf' on the left?
Closer view
Even closer... the less fatty looking sausage is the stuff I made. The stuff on the left (with all the fat) is what was in the machine and got pushed in in front of mine.
Wow miss the days that I could run to Safeway and get a pack of Italian Sausage or Brawt (sp?) and be back home in 10 minutes.
No comments:
Post a Comment