First of all thank you everyone for all your love and support and comments. We feel very blessed to have so much support.
After I wrote that post earlier this week some more information unfolded that ended in us taking a very quick trip to Hong Kong.
First off the clinic here called us later that day and said my HCG number (they had done the blood labs in the am) was 731. If you know anything about these numbers that is bad, I mean baby would have died weeks ago if this was true. There is no way they saw a hb if this number was accurate (I believe it should be in the tens of thousands at this point). Also after writing with my doctor in Thailand she said that they must have made a mistake because she said it is quite impossible to hear a heartbeat via abdominal u/s at 7 weeks (and she said she thought they measured the baby quite big for its age too). She also said that even via vaginal ultrasound hearing the hb that early is unlikely. So needless to say all the inconsistencies were hard to take. But we were still going to stay here rest and wait it out.
Then I consulted with a foreign doctor in Kunming via email and he brought up the question of if I am RH- (blood) which I am, and Sean is not. He said, and my Thailand doctor said too after I reminded her I am rh-, that I really needed to get the antiD RG shot within 72 hours of the bleed (since it was so much blood, and if baby is + and it's blood mixes with mine I could start to build antibodies against baby). All no problem if you live anywhere other than China right - because negative blood type is a Caucasian problem. We realized all of this on Wednesday night about 5:30pm. We needed the shot by Thursday 11am.
Thankfully we have some VERY helpful friends here. Someone came and took Caed right away, and another friend got on the phone with various international hospitals all over China. And guess what NOWHERE in mainland China had the shot. So we ended up going to HK. We couldn't book flights last minute so we headed to the airport bought tickets and again our amazing friends took care of everything for us (we had to fly to ShenZhen and they hired a driver to take us into HK, they found a hospital with the shot, booked us a hotel...). Another couple took Caed without any hesitation.
We got to the hospital got the shot, slept for a few hours, went back to hospital and met with obgyn in the am. That was great. I was so thankful to meet with someone who spoke English and have all our questions answered. She did a t/v ultrasound and we saw baby's heart beating away! Though it was too early to hear it. We also could see clearly the very big clot right next to baby which she said is called a subcorionic hemorrhage. She said it is common and though there could still be problems and it could cause m/c should be alright in the long run. From the hospital we went to a mall for a few hours and caught a bus from there to ShenZhen, then flew back home. We arrived back at our airport exactly 24 hours after we had arrived there.
This whole time Sean and I have been saying over and over how thankful we are. Thankful that baby is still growing, thankful for that doctor in KMG, thankful for our invaluable group of friends, thankful for a flight, a place to stay, credit cards, help. So now we go one with everyday life. No bed rest, but other restrictions. I am still feeling more and more nauseous as the days past - threw up twice yesterday. And extremely tired (though this may have something to do with the KTV karaoke bar that opened this week RIGHT UNDER our apartment, more on that craziness later).
So we will press on day by day. Surrendering any right to this baby. Trusting and hoping and asking for mercy!
4 comments:
Still sending prayers daily from California to China. God is so good and He doesn't make mistakes. Keep trusting in Him.
My friend was in your position. She dealt with infertility for 10 yrs. I told her she would get pregnant and have a baby this year. And she did. She is now 24wks. I have been praying for both you and her daily.Im glad you were able to get the Rhogam that you needed. Take care of yourself, eat well and get plenty of rest when possible. Try not to do any strenuous activities until you are into your 2nd trimester.
God is so amazing - He provides even before we know we have a need. Praying for this little blessing growing inside you!
Love,
Laura Granado
love, love, love
SUCH GOOD NEWS! PRAISE HIM!
Rejoicing with you, Arvins, and praying continually!
Love from Korea.
Post a Comment