One of Sean's students invited us to go to his village this weekend to celebrate a special festival (it happens once every 13 years). Since I am not up to village life/traveling right now Sean offered to take Caed and make it into a father/son weekend. Caed was SOOOOO excited about this! They took the train and then a bus then hiked into his students village.
For this festival each house slaughtered at least one pig. Sean said that the streets of the village were all flowing with blood (I sure am glad I didn't go, I would have been vomiting the whole time!). So Sean had a serious talk with Caed about where meat comes from, and all that. When I asked C what he thought about all the pigs being killed he said he thought it was a little sad.
Here is C with Sean's student, of course everyone gave Caed toy guns (i don't think I have ever been to a village where they haven't gifted him a gun...). See the pig being slaughtered in the background to the right of C's head?
So when they got home last night Caed really wanted to play pretend with me. We pretend to go to different lands via spaceship and run into obstacles along the way. Well his new thing is to say soemthing along the lines of, "Lets go catch some lizzys (or snakes, or dogs) and let's raise them in our house for five days and then we will cut them up and eat them!!!" While we were playing this morning he said it again. So I guess the pig talk he had with Dad made an impact :)
They caught spiders and grasshoppers near the river
One of C's favorite things was to play with the fishes in this barrel. Sean said he played with the fish and these boys whenever he could!
Sean's student's younger brother has these identical twin boys. The dad (who must be like 20) went off to work in the factory, so the young mom lives with her in-laws (that is the grandpa in the pic with Sean) raising these 5 month old twins! Cuteness.
No comments:
Post a Comment