Thursday, December 8, 2011

Rocket Blasters

Oh the things you can do with garbage. Make the coolest rocket Blasters ever!
So I love Pinterst - like a virtual pin board. So many amazing ideas floating around there for DIY stuff, house projects, food, homeschool, rainy day ideas, quotes books to read. I get lots [most] of my ideas from there (follow me if you want - Nicole Baran Arvin {i even started a special board for care package ideas, hint hint}).
This idea came from there via this blog.


"Sweet Blasters Mommy!"

* Side note - funny Caed and Grady story. Awhile back the boys were outside on bikes and all of the sudden, Caed bursts into tears (even though the boys were not touching). Now i should note it is very unusual that Caed bursts into tears, he is mostly the antagonist {um and I using that word right?} - he is the one who starts the fights, and make other people cry. So it was weird that he was crying and that they weren't touching. So I get the story and here it goes, "I took Gradys old blasters from his bike because they were black and white and I wanted to give him color ones [keep in mind these blasters are pretend and I am not even sure Grady was playing the same 'game' as Caed was]. And he got mad and took my blasters on my bike and threw them on the ground.... sob sob sob more tears". Grady when questioned said Caed took his blasters to he took Caed's blasters. Oh man this has made me smile still weeks later. The thought of caed so upset that his imaginary blasters were pretendedly {wow how is that a word} thrown on the ground....


Two empty and dry orange juice bottles, spray painted, hotglued together, hot glue on some 'fire' ribbons, and add some straps made from clear packing tape and there you go. 
He has been wearing them everywhere, so much so that the ribbons have all fallen out, but he doesn't mind. 


And of course they make you jump super high. 


See what I mean?


Yesterday this milk box was sitting by the door to go out to the trash and Caed put it on his head. It gave me and idea and we then spent a good deal of our homeschool time making this robot mask. All the different colored buttons on the white hat part do different things, like make food appear, shoot out a grappling hook and other Caed invented things. 

No comments: