Monday, December 5, 2011

My Favorite Place

Well first off we want to announce that we are going to have a NIECE come April! We are so excited Heather and Greg found out they are having a girl, and after seven grandsons we (I know I am not the only one in this family who feels this way) are so excited to add a girl to this bunch of boy cousins. Yeah pink!


Okay last summer they built up this miles long walking park along the river across from where we live. Five minutes from my door and we are at the park. Caed loves throwing rocks in the river and running. I love being outside, walks, picnics with my boys and the view. A few sundays back we went on a bike ride along the river (you can rent a bike for the day for $1.50) and had a picnic. Okay enough said, gorgeous place. Come I'll show you in real life. 


On a sunny day Caed and I took a blanket and a bag of books and read outside (this might not sound that exciting but when you live in an apartment with no yard this is huge!)


looking for fish


water wheels and stone bridges


That day we met a couple who were out with their two small puppies (XiaoXiGua and BaiCai - littel watermelon and cabbage). Caed feel in love with XiaoXiGua and walked him around for as long as he possible could before I made him leave to go eat dinner. 


Playing with new friends, we met through some of Sean's colleagues at the college. In true three year old boy fashion there was a lot of gun and sword fighting - which transcends any language barrier. 


This is the worst pic ever but the story is good. Sean's students have class dinner parties once a semester. They invite their teachers out to eat and get a bunch of tables and eat a meal. Caeds favorite part of this particular evening was going from girl to girl taking pictures with them all (See the three cell phones open taking a picture in this photo?). How great to be him hey?!

No comments: