Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Bullet Points

  • We are moved into our new place. The move went well (according to Chinese standards). We are still unpacking.
  • I am exhausted.
  • Sean is studying 2 languages now and is also exhausted :)
  • New place is super convenient and very loud. We witnessed a 1 am fight in the street the second night we were here, cops came and all. 
  • We made a rule at this new place that C can't come in the kitchen without asking, so now he stands on this mat outside the kitchen and says [all in one breath], "May I please come in you will say 'yes you may'"" (I love the 'you will' part of that...)
  • Thankful tree #2 is up as of this afternoon
  • I am NOT thankful for the number of times C peed in his pants today - total potty training regression going on here
  • A neighbor turned off the electricity to our whole building this morning because construction workers in one of the apartments were 'making too much noise' with their power tools. Hilarious, so we were all without until my wonderful downstairs neighbor realized what had happened and flicked it back on. 
  • Still no internet - maybe another week...
  • Very excited to see a friend from college in a few days, she teaches out east and is coming to visit soon!
  • I went in to C's bedroom last night because he was still talking to himself at 9 pm. I laid with him and after a few minutes our of no where he said, "GP [grandpa] is same like chippie [chips] right Mommy" - yep buddy those do sound the same. 
  • Many times during the day my heart just hurts, for us and so many friends that struggle through infertility. I am wondering when a day will come when I don't think about those babies that 'should have been'
  • I feel like I have way too many emails to reply to right now and should be doing that but am going to go read instead - maybe tomorrow I'll get to those emails
  • Watched the old Lorax cartoon today and liked the message from it, "I am the Lorax who speaks for the trees..."

3 comments:

Gloglix said...

heart

Melinda Lillis said...

Love you, my heart hurts too

China Doll said...

Glad the move went well :)

Quite like your neighbour's idea of turning off the power because of noisy workmen!.. I know that frustration!