Thursday, March 3, 2011

Organize It! And a longing for an older sister...

Sean is out of town for a while. I have tons of stuff I want to post/blog. It has been an especially hard week for me because we are coming up on what would have been our due date had our FET this summer worked out. I have been quite emotional - but that will be a post for later on this week.

And now some pictures and stories to make the grandparents smile.

Last week out friends from the States returned here. They have two kids 4(girl) and 3(boy). Caed is in love with the older girl A. they were over here playing on Sunday and he just followed her around. Then the next morning he woke up and was playing with his Noah's Ark little people set. He was putting all the matching animals together and said, "Look Mommy they all have sisters!" I asked him if he wanted a sister and he said, "Yes, but I need a BIG sister like A."

The next day we went to their house to play. When we first got there the kids were trying to put slippers on Caed and i don't know what was going on in his mind but C just broke down. He started squealing and being all clingy. I think he was just overwhelmed with all the interest in him. (He has not played with English speaking kids in over 4 months now - except for a little in Thailand). Anyway he got over it and had tons of fun. At one point he said, "Mommy I just love A's crayons, they are so beautiful."

Yesterday I told him we were going to go over there to play with T (the boy) and that A was at school. he said, "Okay but I like A the best."

Then at home last night he said, "Let's play pretend I'll be A and you be T Mommy."

Guess he is in love :) But seriously he is very partial to his JieJies (older sisters)



Lining up paper cups to make a snake. 


What happens when C is able to open the box of toys in his room when we put him to bed. All the cars are sorted by type and lined up together. All the sea animals are grouped together too. Hey at least he is  catching on to the whole 'sort by type' thing we to at school. I love how he fell asleep right there. 




1 comment:

Gloglix said...

sending a big hug in hopes in helps your broken heart, even just in the tinyest bit. so, so sorry.

the pics of Caed are hilarious! he is such a boy! lining up, grouping, sorting-I wonder what he'll be when he grows up!

miss you tons and thinking about you guys.