Okay so I am done whining about having to move. I am thankful that JieJie is such a helper and she loves helping me pack and take down the stickers from C's wall. Oh today we took down the thankful tree :( A later post will come about that.
We still have about 2 weeks until we really move. First we need to prepare some things at the new place (not to mention sign the papers). Then we need to move stuff over. In the mean time I am slowly packing things away.
But the past few weeks I have gotten to do some crafty things I will post now:
First of all thank you to Nikki for introducing me to this super fun blog - http://countingcoconuts.blogspot.com/
I was so inspired by what this woman has set up for her son. So I got to work making more things for Caed to do at 'school'.
Erasers on pencils. He sorts them by color, takes them all off and puts them all back on. Of course he pretends they are little rocket ships flying back home...but I think it's super cute that he makes up his own alternative games to add to the activity.
Color Sorting. I got these window stickers at the dollar store in CA. I put them in a bag with a bunch of little objects and he sorts them by color.
Bean pouring/sorting. He uses this little spoon to sort out the white and red beans (or like in this pic just the red beans). I also try to get him to open the little pots or lids by himself but we are still working on that.
This I love. I got pictures of all of our immediate family. Put them on cards with their name and laminated them. We put them down to make a family tree. And talk about who goes with who. I also have each of their names laminated on cards separately so later we can play a matching/reading game.
First time we did it he named everyone but had no comment about anyone. EXCEPT when he got to uncle Joe's picture he said, "Ooo he works on airplanes!" All excited. I think Uncle Joe may have to take Caed to se some airplanes at work when we come home :)
No comments:
Post a Comment