And here are the other two walls of the baby room :)
We had two of these old window frames that were pulled off some buildings being torn down. One of them is in the dining room and I finally got around to sanding/painting/putting mirrors into/ and hanging the other one.
I love the way this fabric flower wreath turned out! Wreath foam and little birdie and the lamp below also thanks to Haley :)
Cuteness shoes I found here.
And the last wall.
Ruffled crib skirt was the first project I did for the room.
Frog blankie on the left was Caed's and Dog blank was a gift from our good friends Tom and Angie
LOVE Love love the way these look. All these ideas were on my pinterest board for this room. And you never really know how things will look all done. I got the paper lanterns for a few kuai each via taobao. The fabric was mostly from our old clothes. These took lots of cutting and glue gunning!
Caed has lots of things he enjoys doing, drawing is not one of them. It is hard to get him to sit down and draw pictures at this point. But one night when it was past bed time I called him out of his room for a 'special project' and had him draw these pictures. I transferred them via pencil scratching onto the canvases.
As far as baby's name goes, we aren't keeping it a secret, we just haven't fully chosen her name yet. There is a name we really like and we wrote it on there in pencil to see how it looked (hence the blue block thingy) but we aren't 100% sure yet! The one on the bottom left says "gege & meimei" which is big brother and little sister.
I had also seen this idea on pinterest a long time ago - framing fabric and using dry erase marker to write different quotes etc on it. The quote says:
I will sing of Your mercy
That leads me through valleys of sorrow
To rivers of joy
That leads me through valleys of sorrow
To rivers of joy
When we first found out we were pregnant back in Thailand I woke up one morning with this song in my head. I can't even remember how long it had been since I heard it or where even I had heard it. After I looked up the lyrics it fit all of the things I had been going through/was going through for the past 2 years. Great song - you can see lyrics here. Almost daily these lyrics come to mind so they seemed like the perfect first thing to put on this picture/quote frame.
Made this pennant banner out of fabric scraps and card board.
Sewed the edges and hot glued them onto a string.
And the view looking out the door
Lastly the book shelf to the left when you walk into the room.
Three more days until I leave, and then the next time I come back into this apartment there will be a little baby with us! Surely many more pictures of this room with her in it will fill this blog.
Thank you so much for all the sweet comments on this room!









No comments:
Post a Comment