... problem with the blog (hence the long absence!) Last month I tried to publish a post and it told me I had run out of storage room for pictures, so sad. And as it turns out 'purchasing room' was expensive! But just today I finally get to check of a big one on my 'to do' list which is to fix that. I was able to save the first year of our blog (2009) as a PDF and then delete it here. So hopefully that will clear up some space for a while and I can get back to the blog!
Now onto the good stuff!
We are having a
healthy
wiggly
thumb sucking
GIRL!
We are so very excited and after all that has led up to and happened during this pregnancy it was truly amazing to get to see a baby during the ultrasound.
As you'll see in this video (taken right after we came out of the tech's room) Caed was definitely hoping for a brother instead (an Acer) but in the days since he has gotten more and more excited about a baby sister. Even though he is certain that her name will be Alibad (he said this name is from Larry Boy). When we tell him that Alibad won't be her official name he had a mini tantrum... (but dont worry she will not be named that!). The video is hilarious - and we are glad that he won't be 'hitting her face' and will 'love her very much'. We haven't bought anything pink yet but this is probably only because we are in Thailand at a conference. I cant wait to get back to China and look for a cute outfit on taobao! And now that we know Sean is ready to start looking at names too :)
Another fun thing is that we were able to surprise our parents with the news. We had told them that our appointment was on the 7th (but it was really on the 2nd). I was able to coordinate with Sean's sister and a friend of mine to go and buy balloons and put them up at their houses first thing on Saturday morning. Thanks to our friends and family for their help with this :)
(oopps I cant seem to get the video on right now, ill try again when I have some time)
Soon I will try to take a snap shot of the dvd they gave us at the hospital that day so the grandparents can see 'her' :)
But for now here is a picture of me a few days before we found out - at 19 weeks.

1 comment:
Yeah!!!! Delighted for you & your family that you're 'tickled pink' :)
Post a Comment