Monday, May 16, 2011

Yet Another Crafty Project


This idea is also a tutorial on jonesdesigncompany.com [seriously love her ideas...]

Bought this foam paper for cheap, and the wood for cheap. Made a frame (and used a saw!!!) and nailed the foam board to the frame, and added some tape too.


* Cut a piece of fabric into MANY 2.5 inch strips. 
This fabric has a great story. We were in a lamp market a while back and I saw it laying on the floor. I loved it and asked what they used it for. She said they had used it to cover stuff when they were painting, so I asked her if I could have it and she said yes! It was almost 2 yards of fabric :)
* Then tacked the fabric along the backside of the board. This took forever and my thumbs hurt, and the tacks kept breaking, a staple gun would have worked MUCH better if I had one. 


Flipped it over and tacked down the long side then weaved the short side through. 


Finished.


Added some other things I had made. Some things are hot glued on somethings are pinned on. 


Cut this A out of the same foam board and painted it black.


Hung over our bed (don't mind the mess). Our room is pretty tiny hey. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

1. LOVE the blog background!

2. I saw this project idea on jonesdesigns too and am going to try and do it soon!

3. Yours turned out GREAT.

Gloglix said...

'hey' you sound Canadian. looks awesome but would look awesomer if Caed were in a picture or two :)