Wednesday, September 15, 2010

School!!!

When we lived in the States I worked at TC for many years (a preschool). I have such fond memories of that place and all the people and kids. I learned so much from everyone I worked with.

And now that Caed is a bit older and we have lots of time, not to mention that he gets so sad everyday when Daddy leaves for school, I decided to do 'school' here with him three times a week.

I dug way back in my memory to my TC days and though I have no access to velcro (a staple there) or a laminator (clear plastic tape did the trick) I made some materials for him.

He LOVES going to school. He talks about it all day. 
He loves learning to spell his name, and making up things for me to draw. He loves singing time (Ba Ba Black sheep is a fav right now), and reading. He loves doing his 'work' and art time too. 

And when Daddy comes home he loves telling Daddy all about it! What a joy of a son I am blessed to be a mom to. 


First day of school. When he woke up he said, "Mommy I get to go to school today! Can I bring my big night night (blankie) Mommy?"




Licking the Ice Cream off the card



fine motor/matching :) - he loves this 'game'




matching



art (making glasses like Daddy)



sorting - he can sort them all out by himself!

oh I changed "people" to "person" mental lapse there

I think he is going to keep me busy making more challenging things...