On our third day we visited the thousand peak forest
beautiful lake and hills
and valleys
The hotel was such a treat, many amenities we don't have in our apartment! Some of my favorite parts were soft carpet, a bathtub, air conditioner, fresh clean towels and bathrobes everyday, a nice mattress (we have been sleeping on two pieces of foam for over 5 years now, and I never think it is bad until I sleep on a real mattress and remember what we are missing!), huge tv with USb plug :) So needless to say we took many baths and wrapped up in the robes as much as we could.
The day we left C and i went into town and got snacks for the ride home. He also bought this fake snake which he carried all over the store and the streets saying in Chinese , "I have a snake! Watch out!" He scared so many people and he thought it was sooooooo funny. We had to make a rule no showing little little kids or old people.
p.s. Caed is, just as his shirt says, "awesome like Mommy"
Our room had this add on area where C slept (on that gold couch), it had its own tv which he thought was pretty cool. Here we are walking out. And in good Garofalo/Baran tradition we sang (or more like I sang) "We had a good time but we left, we had a good time but we left, we had a good time but we left right left right left!" as we marched out of the room :( I'll get Caed to join with me in the singing soon, but Sean may take a few more years...
On the way home C slept most of the time, he kept brushing hair out of his eyes while he slept so I put his hair in a 'punky' as he calls it. Sleeping with his snake who was first named "Fire Ball Flame" but who later changed into "Anaconda".
All in all a perfect family getaway.
Praise the Lord for some time as a family to enjoy each other and God's creation!
No comments:
Post a Comment