Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Birthday Boy


For Caed's birthday we took him and his BFF Grady to a park that had rides. G gave him this superman costume as a present in the car so he of course wore it the whole day :)



This little boy wanted to take a picture with Caed.


Later that afternoon we had over our Chinese friends for snacks and cake. As per Caedmon's request here is a 'rainbow spider lizard cake'. I used the 'easy fondant' recipe from all recipes to make the critters


hard to get a picture of all these kids sitting still...


Next day I brought in a smaller version of same cake to C's preschool class. I can't be the only one ever who brought chopsticks instead of forks or spoons along with their kids cake to class right?!


C got a new bike for his b-day. Here is riding with his friends :) Funny thing was he had this idea that he didn't want to learn how to ride a bike before he was 4. Even though his best friends had been doing it for over a year. Every time we would ask him to try to pedal anything he would try and then give up right away. I guess it was another one of those 'all on his own time' things. I was nervous he would have a hard time with it. First time out a huge crowd of kids gathered round, to see th bike and also ask why he couldn't ride it. Then they all promptly shouted out advice and put their hands all over C and the bike to 'help'. So dad took him to a less populated area (is there such thing here??) and Caed picked it up within a few minutes. And now he is off... He even made up a song about how him, Liu Chen Ye (boy in middle) and Grady are the superhero bikers...I need to get that song on video :)

No comments: