We saw this car outside our apartment the other day (Sarge - as Caed says)
Little boys peeing in the street. Kinda glad that this is completely appropriate here. Speaking of which Caed stopped wearing a diaper at night a month ago. I am very surprised to say that he has done amazing. One night I asked him if he wanted a pull up or underwear and he picked underwear. Now he just gets up and goes if he has to pee at night. Twice he has had accidents on the way to the bathroom, but overall I am (knock on wood) very pleased!
A few weeks ago there was a party for all the students studying a foriegn language (i.e. English, French, German, Japaneese) @ Sean's school (Have I mentioned here that Sean is now an English teacher at a University???). Anyway we thought little party like what we had been to before - we were wrong. There were hundreds of people, lights, video equipment, bubble machines, programs, a red carpet.
And paid models, or as Caed shouted when he saw them,
"REAL PRINCESSES!!!
He loved touching all the jewels on their dresses.
Sean and the other foreign teachers put on a sit where they sang and
the famous scenes from Titanic. It was very funny.
On an unseasonably sunny day this moth Caed and I accompanied some new friends to a local waterfall. Here we are having some 'snacks' - mostly fish grilled on little coals.
This woman was introduced to us a while back because her son is autistic and a mutual friend knew that both Sean and my work in the states was with autistic kids (me early intervention and Sean high school and post grad). This lady's story was amazing. I could write lots on it, and what it is like to have any sort of special needs child here, but it would end up sounding pretty rant-ish. Anyway I'll just say again she is an amazing and strong woman I respect very much.
Started teaching some of Caed's peers for 1 hour a week on Saturdays. They love it - Caed not so much. He has already played all these activities.
Another play date set up through a contact at Sean's school. Caed had a blast playing guns and swords with MaoMao and DingDing (KaiKai is Caed's Chinese name).
No comments:
Post a Comment