When we lived in Kunming last year I started a Mommy and Me class get together once a week in our apartment. It was a great way to get to know neighbors and give Caed some chances to make 'friends'.
So last week I (finally - we have been in this new city since March!) started one here. I wasn't expecting a big crowd b/c when I did it in KMG only 3 showed up to the first class. I made a flyer and handed it out to a few people but the wether was rainy the whole week before so didn't hand out many.
So first class last week - 17 kids (that is one and two year olds) 22 adults (in our apartment!). It was crazy, and a lot of fun :) I think MANY people just wanted to see what a foreigners home looked like. The adults were louder than the kids! My voice was shot after our short 30 min together.
This week (today) five kids from last week were missing and five new ones came to take their place! I was much better prepared - though still can't seem to get the adults to quiet down, I must buy a whistle...
we had this parachute made at a local tailor for the class
it was a huge hit!
so hard to resist running into the middle
practicing saying 'please'