I won't even start telling 'how we are handling this bad news' right now. Too much to say.
But I just wanted to write down these few things about how Caed is dealing with (or not dealing with) being in America. First off he is getting way less sleep here (I mean like 5-6 hours less sleep a day). Combine this with a child who has never had to sit in a car seat and begs [literally begs] us each time we say we are going out, "please just let us walk there, we can walk there, it won't take too long" and we already have the beginnings of trouble. Not to mention that he has Asian 'restaurant' and 'store' etiquette - which is far from appropriate here. He is so overwhelmed seeing all these toys and choices [and I totally relate to him on this one, thankfully I have enough self control not to throw a tantrum when I can't get that new transformer].
So on another note I took him to a park today and he runs up to the sand and says, "Oh Mommy look at all that snow!!!" It was funny. Later at the same park we were talking to a 9 year old boy. I asked him if he has brothers and sisters and he said he was an only child but had step brothers. He said he liked it because he doesn't really like babies, and I said yeah Caed is an only child too and he doesn't like babies much either, to which Caed piped up and said (I kid you not),
"Our babies all died"
The kid looked at us with a confused look and I changed the subject quickly.
Wish I could understand all of what is in his head right now :(
1 comment:
both :) and :( all wrapped in an insightful post
Post a Comment