Saturday, July 2, 2011

And We're Back

That's right we are back on US soil! And oh so happy to be here, though honestly it feels surreal right now (especially since it is 5:00am and I have been up since 1:30...)

Our friends took us to the airport in BeiJing and Caed's friend Grady cried when we left - then for the next 4-5 hours Caed kept saying, "I am so sad I had to leave Grady." or , "I really miss my friend Grady." When we got to CA he asked each of his grandparents, "Do you guys know my friend Grady?" It was pretty cute.

The flight was good, went by pretty fast. Caed slept more than half (though we slept maybe 1 hour each). My parents picked us up at the airport and brought this big Buzz Lightyear balloon for C. He was so excited - you wouldn't have thought he hadn't seen his grandparents in almost 2 years, it was just normal for him. Oh and you know July 1st was Caed's 3rd birthday so he officially had the longest birthday a kid could have!

His Nana and Papa met us at the house with another balloon. First thing he said was, "Oh I already have a balloon, but I want that one too!" Later my Uncle J showed up with a balloon too - which made C happy as now he has three, which he holds and stands infront of the mirror.

We went out with our families to an early b-day dinnr for C. Mom had a Cars cake made :) We are so very blessed to have our parents here. They are amazing. We are so glad they all live so close.

We of course were exhausted and slept around 8:30 (it stays light so long here!). Caed woke up at 1:30 am and played for 2 hours then fell back asleep, I unfortunately have not.

One of my favorrite Caed lines from yesterday was when caed sat on the toilet here and said, "Wow this toilet is soft!"

I also realized yesterday that:
 I have forgoten how nice soft carpet is to walk on
It is a privelege to get to throw toilet paper in the toilet
There are now calorie marked on menus in California - crazy
Someone gave us a check and I have no idea how to put it into our back account
Streets here are so WIDE
We love California

We are very excited to go see some of our friends today (maybe that is why I can't sleep!).

As for the 2ww goes I am hanging in there. It is hard not to think "Am I or aren't I pregnant" basically all the time. I am trying to very hard keep my resolve though this time not to take a pg test until 2 weeks is up, so still one more to go, I am of course anxious!

When I figure out how to link my computer up to the wireless I'll post some pictures of our trip and reunion with family and C's b-day.

3 comments:

Gloglix said...

I'll still post my excitement even though we are in the same town now!!!!

Mike and Nikki said...

So excited for you guys to be back! Looking forward to seeing you!

China Doll said...

Carpet? What is that?! Actually, my husband made me walk over some carpet in the lobby of a fancy hotel at the weekend (we were having brunch) because it was so soft!