Wednesday, June 22, 2011

10!

Everything went well this am. Ten eggs were retrieved, all of them mature enough to do ICSI. Sean's sample unfroze perfectly. The anesthesiologist was a funny guy. I remember him saying, "Oh I like your ring", then injecting that white stuff into my IV, me saying it hurt, then waking up 40 minutes later. Weird thing is my right hand (the IV was in my left) was all swollen and filled with fluid. It still is sore and swollen now too. I got from the nurse that they must have tried to give me an IV in that hand when I was under and the liquid pooled in there. It is weird. But this time when I woke up I wasn't in any pain like last time. When I came home I slept for 4-5 hours, and am in some pain now, but not bad. Since all the lab people left for a conference tonight we won't get an update on how many embryos or how they are doing until late Friday night. Embryo transfer is set for Sat at 12:15pm. We are so happy :) Very thankful.

4 comments:

Gloglix said...

praying

China Doll said...

Great news! And your retrieval experience sounds very like mine, except I had a huge bruise on my hand where they tried to get the drip in and failed, before switching to the vein in my wrist!
Looking forward to hearing about the fertilisation :) xx

Melinda Lillis said...

YAY! Praying! I had 10 eggs retrieved as well :) Thankful with you!

Andrea Coggiola said...

Praying for all to go well and for you guys to get good news!!!