We went to our ultrasound appointment yesterday night. After 6 days of stims I still only had 7 measurable follicles. I was [am] quite discouraged by this. I was really hoping for more this time. I don't understand how I am on more meds and still getting the same results. Ugh. I insisted on another US in a few days to see if there are more, and how they are growing. I am trying to be positive (Sean is a great help with that), though I couldn't help but burst into tears when I left the clinic last night - man I have cried a lot at that place. I keep reminding myself that quality is better than quantity, and I sure did just wake up this morning and type "techniques to promote follie growth" into google. I am also having a hard time not letting my mind wander to the 'what ifs' of if this doesn't work. And so my heart is aching a little bit, even though I feel like I should be filled with HOPE. What is the matter with me :(
I do rest in the fact that God knows. He doesn't need numbers or percentages or luck or any of that. He gives life. He has given us a life (oh and what a great little person our C is turning into)! I plan on looking up lots of Scripture today and just believing the truth about who God is and who I am in him - no matter what circumstances are like in my life I need to be surrounded by truth.
We move to our 4th new place today - I am excited about it. It should be nice and relaxing. I have three counseling appointments set for next week - I am also happy about that. Oh and we just got word we have two packages waiting for us, so we will go pick those up today! Yeah {thanks Erin} - not sure yet who the other is from :)
3 comments:
Praying for you Nicole!
You should carry those Scriptures around with you during this time; see here: http://ferial-shmerial.blogspot.com/2011/06/green-card.html
I know how easy it is to get discouraged on this journey, but I guess we also both know how quickly follicle counts and sizes can change from scan to scan.
Thinking of you xx
Praying for you! Praying that the count and size goes up quickly! Because we know that it can!
Post a Comment