Saturday, November 13, 2010

Village Trip


Last weekend we went on a trip to some villages south of here. At night in the small town we stayed in everyone goes to the park to hang out. There was this 'rice box' set up for the kids. See Caed loving life in there???


Caed did amazing. People everywhere just love him. He is such a good sport too. I can not explain how thankful I am for the way his personality fits into our family.


At lunch while I was getting things set up I looked over and saw that Caed had picked up a green bean by himself with his chopsticks. I tried to get a picture of him doing it again - and this is what I came up with.


We met these kids. I told them Sean played soccer in college. And they were so excited :)


beautiful land



Caed slept with Sean at night. I always ask him (on trips) who do you want to sleep with? And he ALWAYS chooses Daddy.


This pic is blurry but bear with it. We were in the village and Caed saw this little girl outside and said to me, "Can I play in her house with her toys?" So we ended up going in and talking to this family a while. The little girl had no toys in her house so Caed got out all his toys and (to our amazement) was very happy to leave ove half of them with her.


So tired from walking around the villages, up and down hills, in and out of rice fields...


Still tired when it came time to eat.


So we let him sleep while we ate. Maybe a bad idea since on the 5.5 hour bus ride home later that day he did not sleep at all, much to our dismay.