Monday, August 2, 2010

Out of your mouth

In the past few weeks Caed has said two of my favorite things I have yet heard from him.
While we were on Skype with Grandma I was showing Caed the above scrapbook page I had just printed out of his first 4th of July.
He looked at it and said,
"Daddy's eating a bowl of noodles Mommy!"
So funny, I told him - No that is baby Caeders. He looked at it again pointed to his little arm hanging down and said,
"It's noodles Mommy"
(yeah we eat noodles out a lot)

Secondly. This past Thursday we had some friends over and were all talking in the living room. I had gotten on the computer to look something up. Caed came over to me and was asking me to come with him to sit on the floor. I started to answer him that I would sit with him when I was done when he quickly said,
"Stop speaking English Mommy!"
Now I am thinking that he just wanted me to stop talking in general - but it just sounded so funny. I couldn't even respond we were all laughing. Since then he has said it again, when I am on the computer he will tell me to 'stop speaking English' - I am not sure what that connection is for him. I do know that he is recognizing the difference between the two languages he is learning. I tell him sometimes (like when we are with local friends) "Caed speak Chinese, or say it in Chinese". And the other day I was saying something in Chinese while we were at home (which I don't usually do with him) and he got all upset. Oh what a life.



Posted by Picasa