Last month I finally got this project up that had been in mind for a long time. I had seen on pinterest these rain gutter book display shelves and loved the idea of putting up books in Caed's room cover out. But I had never been able to find something here suitable to do it with.
Until one day they started tearing up our whole neighborhood installing new water pipes on all the buildings. The stuff they cover the pipes with looked like it would work! I am not sure what the Chinese name is, but it is easy to find in any hardware store.
The white plastic stuff was all over the place. I asked soem of the workers if I could but some and they said to just take it. They even cut it for me to the length I wanted (there is a thicker on and a thiner one, I choose the thinner).
Anyway I drilled holes into it and screwed it to the walls and there you go. I love the way they turned out, and it has been fun to change up the books with Caed all the time!
In other home decorating I finally got these shelves up. Yeah!
And I painted this wall on our yang tai gray chalkboard paint, but before I did I let Caed create a masterpiece, which he cried about later when it got painted over (even though he had been warned!).



No comments:
Post a Comment