You learn to carry stuff like they do!
Caed and I went to pick up this package from the delivery place the other day and he was carrying it and said, "It's getting heavy mom." So I said I would take it and he said, "No just help me put it on my back, that's what Chinese people do with heavy stuff." And he is right, they do. Fridges, tv's boxes, couches...
I thought it was the perfect example of C's learning form the culture he lives in. He carried it all the way home like this!
And look what it was! Sean ordered this spiderman alarm clock for him off of taobao (like Chinese Amazon sort of) last week.
Unfortunately it keeps slow time. So I texted back and forth with the seller and explained the problem. Now my written Chinese is bad. When typing you type in the romanized version and characters come up on the screen to choose from but when you go fast and type long strings of words without double checking funny things happen. Like when I was trying to say,
"Sorry I am a foreigner so my writing of characters is not good."
and instead I ended up typing and sending this
"Embarrassed the city outside the stock pregnant so my characters badly written"
(google translates translation).
In the end the seller gave me a super long description of how to fix the clock (all in Chinese) which included using welding tools. He said to take it to any fix it shop and show them what he wrote, so now if I can only figure out how to print our conversation Spiderman clock will be up and running!
1 comment:
Haha!! That translation is hilarious!! Love and miss you all!!! :)
Post a Comment