Sunday, October 23, 2011

The Incredible Fill My Freezer Month

Last month we (okay I) was on a mission to fill up the deep freeze. Most;y because we just got back from the states and tomatoes were on sale. We tomato sauce, salsa, bread, english muffins, cheese, applesauce, burritos, pumpkin, pizzas...okay you get the idea.

let me introduce you to my new love...



The squeezo. A neighbor (foreigner) let me borrow this wonderful contraption that she purchased many years ago at a thrift shop. Now if you come across a Squeezo at a thrift shop you ought to just buy it (well I suppose if you are into making your own tomato sauce you ought to). It was amazing separated juice and such from the skins and seeds. So easy to use...


C even helped!


All the parts- I am obbsessed.


Remember that post a while back about the worst day ever from here? Here is all the cheese I was talking about in that post!


Sean borrowed another nifty tool from our friend to make his own suan la jiao. Pickled peppers - so so good. 


And another great borrow - the apple peeler/corer (wow you think I need to get some of my own kitchen gadgets!? hint hint Sean...)


I am pretty sure I used to wear this same apron when I was little and cooked with my mom. 

I had to take this pic of Caed using the egg cutter b/c I distinctly remember ALWAYS asking my mom to be able to cut the hardboiled eggs with it when I was little. I think my brother and I may have even fought over who got to cut more eggs...

1 comment:

Joshua Drake said...

Here you go! You can find your very own squeezo!

http://www.canningpantry.com/squeezo-strainer.html